Report Upon US Geographical Surveys West of the One Hundredth Meridian Vol. III
- Report Upon United States Geographical Surveys West of the One Hundredth Meridian... Vol. III, Supplement, Geology (series title). Report upon Geological Examinations in Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico, During the Years 1878 and 1879 . . . In Four Parts and an Appendix
- George M. Wheeler, John J. Stevenson
- J.C. McConnell
- Government Printing Office
- Place of Printing:
- Washington, D.C.
- Date of Printing:
- McCune Location:
Author and Commentators
John James Stevenson (1841-1924). American geologist and professor of geology. Born in New York, Stevenson took part in geological surveys of Pennsylvania and worked as geologist for United States Geological Survey.
George M. Wheeler (1842-1905). American army explorer and cartographer. He was born in Massachusetts, graduated from West Point, and became an officer in the U.S. Corps of Engineers. Wheeler surveyed the area west of the 100th Meridian.
James Culbertson McConnell (1844-1905). American scientific illustrator. He worked as an anatomist with the Army Medical Museum in Washington, D.C.
Geology supplement to Captain George M. Wheeler’s survey of the area west of the 100th Meridian, this part authored by John J. Stevenson. It contains four parts and an appendix. Approximately 420 pages plus appendix and four illustrated plates. The plates contain two on geological sections and two plates of illustrations of fossils found in the area.
- Table of Contents
- Part I. Introduction
- Part II. Systematic Geology
- Part III. Descriptive Geology
- Part IV. Economic Geology