American Encyclopedia of Printing (1871)
- American Encyclopedia of Printing 1871
- American Encyclopedia of Printing (1871)
- Edited by J. Luther Ringwalt
- Menamin & Ringwalt; J.B. Lippincott & Co.
- Place of Printing:
- Philadelphia, PA
- Date of Printing:
- McCune Location:
Author and Commentators
John Luther Ringwalt (1828-1891). Publisher of the Monroe Democrat newspaper in Stroudsburg, PA and the Railroad World in Philadelphia, PA. Author of Development of Transportation Systems in the United States (1888). Editor of the American Encyclopedia of Printing.
Green cloth covers with gilt decorations on front cover and spine. 505 pages of definitions, articles and illustrations along with a twelve page article on how a book is made. Approximately 1700 articles. Colored frontispiece showing printing press with allegorical figures. Twenty full page plates. Hundreds of smaller illustrations of printing tools.
- How a Book Is Made. Pages ix-xv.
- A-Z Definitions and explanations of printing terms and printers. Pages 18-506.
- Contents. Pages 507-512.