Luther Burbank. His Methods and Discoveries. Vol. III.
- Luther Burbank. His Methods and Discoveries and Their Practical Application. Vol. III.
- Luther Burbank
- John Whitson, Robert John, Henry Smith Williams
- Luther Burbank Press
- Place of Printing:
- New York and London
- Date of Printing:
- McCune Location:
Author and Commentators
Luther Burbank (1849-1926). Botanist and horticulturist. Born in Massachusetts, Burbank moved to Santa Rosa, CA where he created hundreds of varieties of plants.
Henry Smith Williams (1863-1943). Physician, lawyer, author.
This set of books were prepared from Burbank’s original field notes covering more than 100,000 experiments made during forty years devoted to plant improvement, with the assistance of the Luther Burbank Society and its entire membership.
- I. Planning a New Plant.
- II. Plant Affinities.
- III. Practical Pollination.
- IV. Quantity Production.
- V. Grafting and Budding.
- VI. Letting the Bees do their Work.
- VII. Fixing Good Traits.
- VIII. Recording the Experiments.
- IX. Final Selections.
- List of Direct Color Photograph Prints.