The German Classics, Volume 3
- German Classics Book
- The German Classics: Masterpieces of German Literature Translated into English. Volume 3
- Friedrich von Schiller
- Kuno Francke
- The German Publication Society
- Place of Printing:
- New York
- Date of Printing:
Author and Commentators
Friedrich von Schiller
Kuno Francke (1855-1930). German-born educator and historian. He was a professor at Harvard.
Volume 3 contains poems, dramas and correspondence by Friedrick von Schiller.
ContentsLife of Schiller. By Calvin Thomas
- To the Ideal
- The Veiled Image at Sais
- The Ideal and The Actual Life
- Votive Tablets (Selections)
- The Maiden from Afar
- The Glove
- The Diver
- The Cranes of Ibycus
- Thee Words of Belief
- The Words of Error
- The Lay of the Bell
- The German Art
- Commencement of the New Century
- Rudolph of Hapsburg.
- Introduction to Wallenstein's Death. By William H. Carruth
- The Death of Wallenstein. Translated by S. T. Coleridge
- Introduction to William Tell. By William H. Carruth
- William Tell. Translated by Sir Theodore Martin, K.C.B.
- Homage of the Arts. Translated by A. I. du P. Coleman.
- The Thirty Years' War--Last Campaigns of Gustavus Adolphus. Translated by Rev. A. J. W. Morrison
- On the Use of the Chorus in Tragedy. Translated by A. Lodge
- Schiller's Correspondence with Goethe. Translated by L. Dora Schmitz