The German Classics, Volume 8
- German Classics Book
- The German Classics: Masterpieces of German Literature Translated into English. Volume 8
- Berthold Auerbach. Jeremias Gotthelf. Fritz Reuter. Adalbert Stifter. Wilhelm Heinrich Riehl.
- Kuno Francke
- The German Publication Society
- Place of Printing:
- New York
- Date of Printing:
Author and Commentators
- GBerthold Auerbach.
- Jeremias Gotthelf.
- Fritz Reuter.
- Adalbert Stifter.
- Wilhelm Heinrich Riehl.
Kuno Francke (1855-1930). German-born educator and historian. He was a professor at Harvard.
Volume 8 contains works Berthold Auerbach; Jeremias Gotthelf; Fritz Reuter; Adalbert Stifter; Wilhelm Heinrich Riehl.
The Novel of Provincial Life. By Edwin C. Roedder
- BERTHOLD AUERBACH
- Little Barefoot. Translated by H.W. Dulcken; revised and abridged by Paul Bernard Thomas
- JEREMIAS GOTTHELF
- Uli, The Farmhand. Translations and Synopses by Bayard Quincy Morgan
- FRITZ REUTER
- The Braesig Episodes from _Ut mine Stromtid_. Translated by M.W. Macdowall; edited and abridged by Edmund von Mach
- ADALBERT STIFTER
- Rock Crystal. Translated by Lee M. Hollander
- WILHELM HEINRICH RIEHL
- Wilhelm Heinrich Riehl. By Otto Heller
- Field and Forest. Translated by Frances H. King
- The Eye for Natural Scenery. Translated by Frances H. King
- The Musical Ear. Translated by Frances H. King
- The Struggle of the Rococo with the Pigtail. Translated by Frances H. King
- A Mountain Scene. By H. Reifferscheid
- Leavetaking of the Bridal Pair. By Benjamin Vautier
- The Barber Shop. By Benjamin Vautier
- Wilhelm Heinrich Riehl
- An Official Dinner in the Country. By Benjamin Vautier
- At the Sick Bed. By Benjamin Vautier
- A Village Funeral. By Benjamin Vautier